August 19th, 2020
Greetings friends of Gale Presbyterian Church,
The Session and Board of Managers invite you to join us as we resume public worship services in our sanctuary on September 13th, 10:30 a.m.
We are excited about this and we hope you are also. We will continue our YouTube live services as well so you can participate in worship with us either in person, or online.
Our custodians will have completed a thorough cleaning of the whole building. The office will resume regular hours starting on September 9th.
For the next while, worship in the sanctuary will be different than what we know and love. We will institute several practices to ensure the safety and health of all our participants and you can help us all by keeping these things in mind.
We ask you to follow these practices when you join us for worship:
- Maintain a 2 meter distance from people who are not in your family bubble.
- Always wear a suitable face covering.
- Enter and exit only by the main portico doors.
- As you enter the building a greeter will ensure you have a copy of these procedures and that you have a suitable face mask. If you have forgotten to bring your own mask, we will have disposable masks available for you. Masks must be worn while you are in the building.
- There will be hand sanitizer available at the doors. Please use this.
- As you enter the sanctuary a greeter will direct you to suitable seating. The seating has been arranged to satisfy our need of physical distancing. Members of family bubbles will sit as a group, of course.
- Children will be asked to stay with their family for the whole service. There will not be a special gathering of the children nor any children’s programming. The nursery will not be open.
- There will be music in our worship, but the congregation is asked to refrain from singing.
- We will not be able to hold our beloved after-service coffee fellowship at this time. But we hope this will change soon as our community progresses out of the pandemic.
- Only the upstairs section will be open.
- We ask that only one person be in the washrooms at any time. A signal system is set up to indicate if the washroom is currently occupied. There is spray sanitizer by the sinks. Please give the sinks and taps a spray before you leave.
As we said, it will not be as we remember. It will still be worship, just different for the time being. Please join us at the church if you wish. Please follow us on YouTube if you prefer. In either format, you will be blessed to have participated in worship.
We will see you soon!
Rev. Scott Sinclair
Darlene Vandermey – Clerk of Session